Wednesday 12 January 2011

Oracle

I want to speak as an Oracle of God, not asking him for stuff but instead speaking His word into the situations in my world. Like Peter is Acts 3 I want to command the lame man to get up and walk, not command the Lord to heal: nor to inquire of Jehovah Ropheka whether healing is His will. (It is more than God’s will it is God’s nature.)

To be an Oracle of God I need to walk closely with Him, to know His will by knowing His word and His nature: these done by prayer and study. I want to be the light and salt: to reflect and infuse into the peripheral world what Jesus has directed into me.

An Oracle declares the divine will of God. As a Christian I can do this as overflow and output of my personal intimacy with Him: my union with His will and purpose.

No comments: